Is a Day of the Dead-themed hairstyle for you? ‘Wondering how to wear your Quinceanera hair on the big day? Here are some tips to help you figure out if Quinceanera hairstyles that follow a Day of the Dead theme have a place in your celebration.
Although he’s known for creating stylish looks on celebrities like Belinda, Anahi and Jean Carlos Canela, celebrity hairstylist Leonardo Rocco can also create do’s that are perfect for off-the-red carpet events as well. A few months ago he showed us how to create three different Quinceanera hairstyles using the same base. Now, Rocco drew inspiration from the upcoming festivities to teach you how to create three Quinceanera hairstyles inspired by Day of the Dead.
Aside from being perfect for your Quinceanera celebration or Day of the Dead festivities, this romantic up-do, side ponytail and voluminous waves are great for every day occasions as well.
Follow the step-by-step tutorial for each of these looks and practice each of them until you create them as perfect as Rocco does. Also, we’d love to see your version of these do’s! We encourage you to post your pictures on our social media profiles and promise to ask Rocco if he can give you his feedback himself.
Romantic updo with flowers
1. Shake your Suave Professionals® Volumizing Mousse for about 3 seconds then pour it in your hand. Apply it on your hair with a wide tooth comb and cover thoroughly. This product is perfect because it gives about 4 times more body and volume to your hair making it look heavy.
2. The next step is to dry your hair with a round barrel brush focusing on the crown of the head which is where you want to create volume.
3. Now split your hair to the sides and put your hair up in a ponytail leaving the hair in front of your ears loose, keep in mind you hair needs to be teased, this is not a clean cut look.
4. Keep splitting your ponytail and curling each piece of hair. After this wrap each piece around your fingers and pin it to the ponytail. If necessary pin one piece of hair on top of the other, this will create volume. Leave some loose to give the hairdo a softer look.
5. Take both parts that were previously left loose and place both pieces under the ponytail to better frame your face. Curl the rest of the hair and pin it.
6. Lastly, use your Suave Professionals® Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray to fix your do. The advantage of using this spray is to maintain those curls left loose for longer, so you can enjoy the night without worrying about your hair.
Place one or several colorful flowers on your head to add that Dia de Muertos final touch
Teased ponytail with flowers
1. For this do you must wash your hair a day before then spray Suave Professionals® Dry Shampoo on your dry hair from about 6 to 7 inches apart, dividing it at about 1 inch width. Apply mostly on your roots and along the first two inches of your hair since it is where oil residue is concentrated. This product not only absorbs the oil but refreshes the hair. Aside from this, it also adds volume, necessary for this look.
2. Once you apply it use the hairdryer at its maximum heat and blow from the roots down. Then bend your head forward and just like in the movies, quickly stand back up. Notice the difference this dry shampoo creates adding a lot more volume to your hair.
3. If your hair is not naturally wavy, curl it up a bit in order to create more texture.
4. Softly comb your hair to the side you prefer and hold it behind your neck. Grab a piece of hair and wrap it around the ponytail to cover the hairband.
5. Lastly, spray a bit of Suave Professionals® Touchable Finish Lightweight Hold Hairspray, which offers you a light finish that can be easily comb and complement your hairdo with colorful flowers.
Big waves with flowers (pictured above)
1. Once you wash your hair apply a bit of Suave Professionals® Keratin Infusion Smooth and Shine Serum to add shine and softness to the hair and fight humidity to prevent frizz.
2. Blow dry your hair with a round barrel brush, the best way to do it is dividing it in small pieces.
3. Choose a curler with a diameter bigger than 2 inches; curl the hair from the middle to the ends.
4. Lastly, use a bit of Suave Professionals® Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray to hold the waves longer. Pin a flower on the side and you’re ready for your party!
* List of products used
· Suave Professionals® Volumizing Mousse – Adds 4 times more volume without making your hair look heavy
· Suave Professionals® Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray – Controls your looks making them last longer
· Professionals® Touchable Finish Lightweight Hold Hairspray – Offers a light finish, yet touchable
· Suave Professionals® Dry Shampoo – Refreshes the hair and absorbs the oily residue
· Suave Professionals® Keratin Infusion Smooth and Shine Serum – Adds shine and fights humidity to avoid frizz
Photos courtesy of Suave.
This post is also available in: Spanish