Don’t forget that on the day of your Quinceañera, you and your white smile will be the center of attention.
And what better way to leave a radiant impression on your guests than with a bright smile? You know… when greeting and hugging friends and family, when the cameras click every other second to take your picture and the constant rolling of film that will capture your party’s greatest moments. A bright, healthy smile is a great way for you to feel confident and relaxed, and those who see you will be greatly impressed.
Fortunately, there are many popular teeth whitening procedures that can come in handy. Generally, there are two: over-the-counter whitening kits with a special gel, and laser treatments offered by dentists.
The whitening gel’s main ingredient is carbamide peroxide, a chemical agent that eliminates teeth discoloration. The amount of this ingredient often determines its effectiveness. However, the results also depend on other external factors, such as what you eat. Coffee, tea, cigarettes (though smoking should not even cross your mind at this age), and other “dark” substances can damage your teeth’s enamel.
To have a white smile follow these suggestions:
In order to have your teeth as white as possible, consider the following easy-to-follow tips:
• If you want fast results, you can visit your local dentist for a laser treatment. Currently, BriteSmile and Zoom! are two equally effective whitening procedures widely used by dentists. However, you must not overlook the price, which generally ranges from $500 to $1,000 or more, depending on the treatment you need.
• If you prefer a whitening kit, keep in mind that it may take several days before you obtain satisfactory results.
• After performing any treatment, you may feel uncomfortable due to teeth sensitivity. You can avoid this by using products with a low peroxide concentration.
• In order to prolong your teeth whitening results, avoid consuming foods and beverages that can cause teeth discoloration, at least until after the day of your Quince.
• If you plan to use a home-made treatment, we recommend that you visit your dentist’s office so he/she can recommend the most effective product according to your whitening needs.
Now, put on your best smile and enjoy the party!
This post is also available in: Spanish