Today, there are no excuses for not going to college. Opportunities to pursue your career are presented daily all you have to do is take advantage of them. A clear example is the new scholarship program “Sueña Sin Límites” (Dream Without Limits) whose special mission is to offer scholarships to college-bound Hispanic students. Additionally, this program offers the same opportunity to Hispanic mothers whose plans for their own education were interrupted earlier in their lives.
The Clorox Company along with Hispanic Scholarship Fund launched this scholarship program “Sueña Sin Límites” to give hope to hundreds of Hispanic families. Through it, 12 scholarships will be awarded equally between mothers and Hispanic students. Senior high school students seeking to attend a four year institution in the United States are eligible for this scholarship. Mothers are applicable for the $10,000 scholarship if they are between 25-45 years old and seeking to finalize or begin their college career full-time or part-time or online.
Requirements to apply to the scholarship program “Sueña Sin Límites”.
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident or an eligible non-U.S. citizen
- Must be a mother, ages 25-45 as of September 22, 2012
- Must have a minimum of six (6) completed units that are transferable
- Must be enrolled full-time or part-time in a degree seeking program at a two-year, four-year or online U.S. accredited institution in the U.S.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
If you’re thinking that this could be a great opportunity for you and your mom, then apply today! You have to submit an essay detailing your personal and academic goals, as well as your plans to achieve them. You have until December 21 of this year to apply to the scholarship program “Sueña Sin Límites”.
For more information please click here.
This post is also available in: Spanish